There are various factors that can contribute to a shorter life expectancy in men such as:
- Certain behavioral patterns and lifestyle choices increase the risk of developing hypertension, heart disease, cancer, and other health conditions.
- Men are more likely to indulge in excessive smoking and drinking habits that can lead to poor heart health, diabetes, and liver diseases. Moreover, the risk of heart disease, such as coronary disease, is 3 times higher in men than women.
- Testosterone levels in men decline steadily as soon as they hit their 30s. Decreasing testosterone levels can result in lower muscle mass and strength, difficulties with concentration, increased body fat, and enlarged breast tissues.
- They are 80% less likely to seek regular healthcare services because of social and cultural influences.
Therefore, this “Movember,” our goal is to spread awareness about men’s health and to educate and empower them to unlock their maximum physical potential and overall well-being.
Read on to know more.
Why Are Annual Health Checkups For Men Necessary?
Annual men’s health checkups are important because they can help diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases as well as improve your quality of life. Here are some of the benefits of annual men’s health checkups:
- They can help detect, treat, and manage chronic health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and cancer. If left undiagnosed and untreated, such health conditions can become fatal.
- Annual men’s health checkups can halt the progression of pre-existing health conditions in men.
- They can help determine the risk of new diseases so that you can take necessary preventive measures early on.
- Such checkups can reduce your future medical and healthcare costs.
What To Expect At Your Annual Men’s Health Checkup?
You should choose a licensed and highly skilled healthcare professional that can provide you with personalized and comprehensive healthcare services. At Mason Park Medical Clinic, our expert family physician, Dr. Trinh, can help you achieve optimal wellness effectively.
We usually begin by discussing your medical history, family history, behavioral and lifestyle choices, and any other critical details that can help us determine your risk of common health conditions -and the best ways to prevent them.
The next step would be to take your vitals, which include blood pressure, pulse, body temperature, respiration, height, and weight.
Based on your health evaluation and your risk of developing a certain health condition, we might choose to call for certain diagnostic tests, including:
- Blood sugar test
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Prostate cancer screening
- Bowel cancer screening
- Cholesterol tests
At Mason Park Medical Clinic, Katy, TX, Dr, Trinh’s primary aim is to create a safe space for his patients where they can discuss their health concerns freely and provide customized healthcare plans that can help them achieve a sense of overall health and well-being.
It’s time that you prioritize your health and schedule a routine checkup for you or your loved ones with us.
Book a consultation now.